FuelNOW is disrupting fuel logistics within the fuel downstream industry ... and we're doing it with vigor! We're fueling the power of technology in the industry's next generation of how fuel is delivered.
As part of the FuelNOW organization, the Product Manager plays an integral role in ensuring FuelNOW's customers are thriving as new, powerful features are delivered to the market. The ideal Product Manager will bring a unique blend of hands-on high-energy, business sense and acumen, experience in digital marketplace SaaS delivery, and a natural ability to establish and maintain deep-rooted relationships. This position is vital to our growth strategy, setting the course for FuelNOWs’ next generation of products and how they impact the fuel logistics industry. First-class relationship building skills and a keen sense of how technology translates into business value are a must.
The Product Manager be the essential glue that joins the business strategy of FuelNOW with the efforts of the Product Development organization. Specifically, this person will guide the strategic development of the FuelNOW product platform and bring it to its markets in support of the FuelNOW business plan. Therefore, the Product Manager must build relationships with the senior business leaders and the technology leaders of FuelNOW, as well as develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of the industry trends and disruptors. FuelNOW develops products in an agile way. The Product Manager will have a solid foundation of agile values and be committed to agile principles.
Build and maintain the Product Plan:
- With a keen grasp of the FuelNOW business and its potential markets, work with the senior leadership team to determine how the product will evolve over time, and what essential value it will bring to target and emerging markets.
- Identify key opportunities for FuelNOW to disrupt the fuel logistics industry, as well as maintain a market awareness of competing or potentially competing disruptors.
- Build trusted relationship with key stakeholders, both internal and external to FuelNOW, to ensure the Product Plan provides the greatest value to our customers.
- Ensure that the ongoing development of the product maximizes long-term market opportunities while supporting the business plan of the senior leadership team.
- Build and maintain the Release Plan:
- Align the Release Plan to the Product Plan, including release timing, release functionality, and market prioritization, all in coordination with the FuelNOW Product Development organization.
- Ensure the content of each release meets the chosen customer priorities and commitments, mitigating priority conflicts by engaging key stakeholders, both internal and external, and by consulting the senior leadership’s business plan.
- Create transparency to the FuelNOW organization of how the Release Plan meets customer commitments and business priorities.
- Ensure the content of each release is explicit and transparent to key stakeholders on a sprint-by-sprint basis, and that they are fully aware of changes in priority, timing, and scope.
- Monitor the actual progress of the product development in meeting the release milestones, surfacing timing issues instantly, and providing awareness of actual progress for key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of key marketing materials:
- Support the key leadership in the creative aspects and messaging of key marketing materials expounding both the current product and the future planned products.
What You Bring To The Table.
Skills and Proven Abilities:
- Strategic Vision: Natural ability to see the big picture, and to derive a concrete plan to shape the future. Comprehend the many dimensions of how various feature set combinations can achieve market disruption and capture value given the ever-changing state of the industry. Be able to confidently turn that understanding into a feasible plan for the FuelNOW product platform.
- Results Driven: Proven results on delivering/exceeding goals on time, with an attention to detail. Experience managing and prioritizing multiple goals and technological constraints simultaneously.
- Relationship Management: Aptitude to build strong relationships and bonds with management, director, and executive-levels, both on the business side as well as tech. Experience effectively setting and managing key stakeholder expectations.
- Communication Skills: Exemplary written and oral communication skills. Solid proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint/Keynote for partner-ready reports and presentations. Ability to reframe and challenge the way partners view their businesses, aligning insights to key partner priorities and tying those insights back to FuelNOW’s unique differentiators. Utilize strong cross-functional effectiveness in order to drive partner channel focus improvements. Stellar diplomacy: you are a straightforward and empathetic communicator.
- Influence Skills: Experience and great skill in leading through influence. A great listener and collaborator, you are a force for unity.
- Master’s degree in Business or Computer Science/MIS, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 5 years experience guiding product development or business plans in the oil, energy, and or logistics domains.
- 3 years experience leading cross-functional product development teams.
- Strong background of working in cross-functional digital and mobile platforms.
- Proven success in positioning SaaS, and/or marketplace, value to partners and their customers.
- Keen understanding of the SaaS delivery model.
- Knowledge of fuel dispatching systems, preferred.
- Knowledge of 3PL accounting and invoicing systems, preferred.